Monday, November 13, 2006

Veterans day

Saturday, I spent the day with mom. We drove to Elkin, NC to look at some embroidery machines. Its an expensive investment for her, and an important decision so I'm trying to help out.

As we drove back on the expressway, I seen the hazard lights of a line of cars for a funeral.

I look to my right and saw l young woman crying her heart out, her face all red, and in the passenger seat was a very somber elderly lady. When we got to the front of the line we saw the back of the Hertz. The coffin was draped in the American Flag.

My heart sank and I had a tear stream down my eye, it came out of nowhere.

We get preoccupied and stressed out over life, that we often dont think about the sacrifice of our soldiers.

All I can say is "thank you" and thats just not nearly enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you not join? Perhaps because you are a closet homosexual portraying itself as a born again Christian??????

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home