Thursday, July 27, 2006

Finally a job!

When I moved to North Carolina nearly a year ago, I had money in the bank but no job lined up. I tried but it didnt work out because of my limited CNC experience on the mills, so I thought I would find a job when I arrived. As funds began to quickly diminish and I couldnt find a job right away I paniced. Just as my faith wavered the Lord got me a job. Just in time too, I was down to a month left of being able to pay the bills. GULP! This may have been my fault as I procrastinate and struggle with confidence, because as soon as I faxed my resume' to 3 places I got a call in 2 hours for one job, and the next day for another! Skillforce (job agency) called and said come on in tomorrow and we'll hook you up with a job. (like Madern).

The next day, about an hour away from my appointment with Skillforce I get a call from mr. Ar$HoLe saying, "come on in right now for an interview". I said, I have an appointment with skillforce, "oh, they are looking for me, its better you come in here now". Full of confusion, and being a push over, I canceled with Skillforce (what a mistake) and drove for 3 hours trying to find the guy and got the interview and job. I knew to ask for alot more money then intended because skillforce was talking those dollars.

Unfortunatly, the job was a VERY long drive away, and with these gas prices it hurt bad. But what was worse, was my boss was evil, terrible, selfish, and nasty. Totally unreasonable and the lowest of humanbeings I have ever met in my life. Hes hurt and caused much grief, sorrow, and anger to many many people in his life. My only hope is he changes because to take that resume' to God is going to be hard to explain. I can write more on that at another time. Basically he was extra critical for unknown reasons, perhaps money was one, but he fired me in May.

I became lethargic and depressed, and even less confident. But I intervied with Skillforce who had me interview with Madern 2 weeks before I got fired. They were interested but couldnt hire at the time because they were moving into a very large new building.

FINALLY just now I got the 2nd interview and they hired me today 2 months later. Just as the bank account was on empty too. Thank you unemployment for not showing up. Again, the Lord teaching me to have faith I guess. Ironically, the job is for a CNC mill which I struggle with confidence to do CNC but want too. So, I'm hoping I can figure this sucka out or I will be in trouble. The bosses seemed very very nice and reasonable and expecting to take weeks and months to teach me, so its cool. I accepted lower pay because its very justified at this time.

BUT I GOT THE JOB IN A NICE NEW BUILDING! So I'm happy about that.

Now comes hard work.........

4 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

CONGRATS! I'm sure that is a huge relief.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I can relate to the 'time flying' aspect. I was saying that today infact. "almost a year already?"

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a life you whiny little bitch

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home