Saturday, July 15, 2006

Waste

Well I just took out the trash moments ago. Living in an apartment we have those large metal trash container we all know and love. The trash technicians didnt take the trash last week so its building up. I am AMAZED at how full the thing is in less then 2 weeks.

Its kinda made me think about waste. How much we produce is astounding. Think of all the toilets flushing in an apartment complex. Multiple times in each unit, day after day. Then think of the water expended in showers, and the food consumed, and the toilet paper, kleenex, soap, shampoo and other things used.

With all the water we use it amazing we dont run out. We take so much from the ground and then our by products (poo and pee) have to go somewhere (back in the ground). Think about all the gasoline and oil in our vechicles that we burn up.

It really takes alot to keep humans going yet we are sustained somehow.

I thought about a bucket of chicken wings. Say you get a 50 wing bucket at KFC. Thats alot of food for a few folks, but dang thats 25 chickens!

any thoughs?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

Don't make me think of the poor chickens...I like my wings too much! :)

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You asked if there were any thoughts. I have a thought...........get your hands out of your pants.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home